Job Opportunity: Health Informatics Interns Wanted in Abuja, Nigeria
Project Overview and Role:
Are you passionate about the intersection of healthcare and technology? Do you want to be at the forefront of revolutionizing healthcare delivery in Nigeria? If so, this is an incredible opportunity for you!
We are a leading healthcare organization based in Abuja, Nigeria, committed to providing innovative and patient-centered care. Our mission is to harness the power of technology to improve healthcare outcomes and make a positive impact on the lives of patients across the nation.
Position: Health Informatics Interns
As part of our commitment to fostering talent and driving advancements in health informatics, we are excited to announce openings for Health Informatics Interns. This internship program aims to offer aspiring health informatics professionals a hands-on experience, working closely with our dynamic team of experts.
- Collaborate with our IT and healthcare teams to analyze, design, and implement health informatics solutions that enhance patient care and healthcare processes.
- Assist in the management and maintenance of health information systems, ensuring data accuracy and integrity.
- Support the development and implementation of electronic health records (EHR) and other healthcare software applications.
- Conduct research on emerging health informatics trends and best practices to contribute to continuous improvement initiatives.
- Participate in the creation and delivery of training programs for healthcare staff on the effective use of health informatics tools.
- Engage in data analysis and interpretation to drive data-driven decision-making in healthcare operations.
- Educational background in Health Informatics, Health Information Management, Computer Science, or a related field. Students pursuing relevant degrees are encouraged to apply.
- A strong passion for healthcare and technology, with a desire to learn and grow in the field of health informatics.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Proficiency in basic computer programming languages and database management is a plus.
Duration & Compensation:
This is a 3 to 6 months internship program with the potential for further opportunities based on performance. The internship is PAID, and interns will receive a stipend to support their learning and living expenses during the program.
The internship will be based at our state-of-the-art facility in Abuja, Nigeria. Please note that remote internships are not available for this position.
How to Apply:
If you’re ready to embark on an exciting journey at the forefront of healthcare and technology, we want to hear from you! To apply for the Health Informatics Intern position, please send your updated resume and a brief cover letter outlining your interest in health informatics and why you’d be a great fit for our team to [email address].
????️ Application Deadline:
The application deadline for the Health Informatics Internship is [Insert Application Deadline]. Early applications are encouraged, as we will be reviewing candidates on a rolling basis.
Join us on our mission to transform healthcare through the power of informatics! We look forward to welcoming passionate and talented interns to our team.
Data.FI is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to support the HIV and COVID-19 response. Data.FI partners with programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV and COVID-19 epidemic control and maintenance. By improving global, regional, national, and community/local in-depth analyses of HIV and COVID-19 epidemiologic and programmatic data, Data.FI expedites program achievements to improve client services and attain and sustain control of the epidemics. Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS), informing management responses to gaps in programming and sustaining impact by supporting local partner transition
Purpose of Internship
Data.FI is seeking self-directed interns with a passion for technology, collaboration, and creative problem-solving. The interns will work closely for 6 months with mentors and senior leadership on the project with health informatics (HI) team and will actively contribute to development and deployment of electronic medical records systems in support of USAID Nigeria implementing partners under the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDSRelief (PEPFAR) program.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
•Support the HI team in application development (coding, programming) and maintenance.
•Assist with troubleshooting issues and provide technical support to the users of systems.
•Support the documentation and testing of systems.
•Support the planning and coordination of stakeholder engagements.
•Lend support in other areas as may be identified by the mentor or HI Team Lead
•Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics, or related fields’ major
•Minimum GPA of 3.0
•Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, programming languages: Java, .NET, Python, C, C++, HTML/DHTML
•Strong verbal and written communication
•Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
•Ability to work well in teams.
Duration & Compensation are crucial aspects to consider when offering job opportunities or internships. Here’s a brief explanation of these terms:
Duration: Duration refers to the length of time that the job or internship position will be active or available. It specifies the period during which the selected candidate will be engaged in the role.
- Job Duration: Full-time position with a contract period of 1 year.
- Internship Duration: 3-month internship program, with the possibility of extension based on performance.
Compensation: Compensation refers to the financial and non-financial benefits provided to the employee or intern in exchange for their services during the specified duration. It includes salary, stipend, allowances, bonuses, or any other forms of remuneration.
- Job Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits package, including health insurance and retirement benefits.
- Internship Compensation: Paid internship with a monthly stipend to cover living expenses during the internship period.
The duration and compensation details are typically mentioned in job postings, internship offers, or employment contracts to provide clarity to the potential candidates about the commitment expected from them and the rewards they will receive for their contributions. It is essential to be transparent about these aspects to attract the right candidates and ensure a successful and mutually beneficial working relationship.
How to apply
#HealthInformatics #Internship #HealthcareTechnology #AbujaJobs #NigeriaJobs #HealthcareInnovation